Are you a Research Software Engineer?
- Are you employed to develop software for researchers?
- Are you a researcher who now spends more time developing software than conducting research?
- Are you employed as a postdoctoral researcher, even though you predominantly only on software development?
- Are you the “person who does computers” in your research group?
- Are you not named on research papers despite playing a fundamental part in developing the software used to create that research?
- Do you lack the metrics needed to progress your career in research – like papers and conference presentations – despite having made a significant contribution with software?
The workshop will be a chance to network with other people who are in similar roles, learn from other people’s experiences and help increase the recognition of software development as a role in academic research.