£competitive + benefits – Sandwich, Kent
Computational Sciences are integral to Pfizer’s strategy to accelerate the discovery of important new medicines. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative team, focusing on the development and use of novel computational methods and algorithms to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of drug discovery.
We are looking for a Computational Biologist with skills in working with genomics data, developing novel algorithms and generating new biological hypotheses to join our Computational Sciences Center of Emphasis in Sandwich, UK.
Specific areas of interest include:
- Identification of new datasets and data mining techniques relevant to drug discovery
- Developing and testing novel methods and algorithms, working with academic collaborators where opportunities arise
- Building and testing prototype systems (both interfaces and algorithm libraries)
- Working with scientists to apply tools to every day problems
What you’ll need:
- Awarded or about to obtain Ph.D. in a life sciences, computational / quantitative sciences discipline or equivalent experience
- Familiar with key recent publications, techniques and algorithms within computational biology and genomics
- Knowledge of applied mathematics / statistics and algorithm development.
- The ability to apply understanding of statistics / machine learning to new problems and datasets
- A sound understanding of molecular biology and application of algorithms to solve biological problems
- A sound understanding of current state of the art methods in omics data analysis, geneset enrichment, network analysis and genetics
- Advanced knowledge of a prototyping and scripting language (e.g. R/Python/Ruby etc.) to work up new methods and algorithms and deliver prototype code
- Working knowledge of production languages such as Java
To find out more, and to apply visit the careers pages at http://www.pfizer.co.uk and enter job opening ID: 940074.